Background: Over the past year as we have navigated the changes to NFTY, we have been continually impressed with what our teen leaders have been able to accomplish! They have created amazing virtual programming and continued the business of their region. In the current model, Regional Presidents meet weekly with the NFTY Area Manager and the President’s run board meetings. It has become clear that our Regional Board leaders are missing the mentoring they used to receive from a caring adult.
Mission: NFTY is a movement that builds strong, welcoming, inspired communities through teen-powered engagement. Together, we pursue Tikkun Olam, personal growth, youth empowerment, and deep connections, all rooted in Reform Judaism.
Goals: The NFTY Board Coach will
- Mentor and support NFTY teen leaders.
- Share expertise and knowledge.
- Help NFTY leaders solve problems.
- Attend 2-4 regional board meetings/month.
- Join the NFTY Area President meeting 1x/month.
- Provide training as appropriate (resources will be provided).
- Be in contact as needed with the NFTY Area Manager and/or the Director of NFTY Engagement and report any concerns.
Requirements for a L’dor Vador NFTY Board Coach:
- Complete training blend of in-person/online.
- Complete a background check and URJ volunteer forms.
- Commit to 3-7 hours/month including a monthly volunteer meeting.
Thank you for your support! Please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form and we will follow up as coaches are needed. Please note that we are currently piloting with a small cohort and may not be ready for more coaches right away.
Please email Julie Marsh, Interim NFTY North American Manager for more information.