Here's what happens when 1,400 Reform Jewish teens, young adults, and congregational leaders come together.
Watch Videos from NFTY Convention
#NFTYConvention 2017 Rewind
- #NFTYConvention 2017 Rewind
- Dan Nichols Concert #NFTYConvention 2017
- Winning D'var Torah #NFTYConvention 2017
- Pastor Chris Harris #NFTYConvention 2017
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off #NFTYConvention 2017
- NFTY Launches Racial Justice Campaign #NFTYConvention 2017
- Ask Alexa: How Can I Get More Involved? #NFTYConvention 2017
- NFTY Board Takes Chicago #NFTYConvention 2017
- Opening Plenary: Ferris Bueller & Sloane and the NFTY Cheer! #NFTYConvention 2017
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky #NFTYConvention 2017
- Join us in Chicago! #NFTYConvention 2017
- The Bean - #NFTYConvention 2017
- See you in Chicago! #NFTYConvention 2017
Consider these 6 questions:
- What does it mean to be Jewish in the Jewish State? Is Israel a Jewish State or a State of Jews?
- What would you suggest to the Reform movement in Israel to help overcome some of its challenges?
- Should religion and state be separated in Israel similar to the Jeffersonian model set up in the United States?
- In which elements of religious life should the government have a role?
- Is Judaism compatible with democracy?
- What is more important – obtaining full recognition by the Israeli government for the Reform movement or a complete separation of religion and state where the government does not recognize any religious movements.
View photos from NFTY Convention
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Closing Plenary
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Making a Difference Around Chicago
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Creative Expression Labs
#NFTYConvention 2017 - URJ Youth Summit
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Social Justice Workshops
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Saturday Evening Plenary
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Shabbat Morning
#NFTYConvention 2017 - Friday Night Shabbat
#NFTYConvention2017 - Arrivals & Opening Plenary
#NFTYConvention 2017 - We've made it to Chicago!
NFTY Convention staff waiting at the airport for participants to arrive!
Last week, regional leaders from across NFTY’s 19 regions met at Temple Jeremiah outside of Chicago, IL to conduct the business of our movement. The General Board, comprised of the 19 NFTY regional boards, voted on key legislation, discussed NFTY’s direction, and elected next year’s North American Board.
Waiting in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency in Chicago, I anticipated the arrival of my friends from my region, NFTY Southern California. I walked the perimeter of the first floor of the hotel with my best friend, perusing around for people that I knew were coming. But I experienced something unlike no other: encountering surprise after surprise after surprise.
As I walked into the prayer space at the Muslim Cultural Center in Morton Grove, I gazed up to a magnificent chandelier that resided in a bronze dome. It had hundreds of lights, each representing a name for G-d. Underneath my shoeless feet was a lush carpet with green and gold patterns.