Thank you for hosting a NFTYx event and building our network of Reform teen experiences across North America!
To create your NFTYx event registration:
- Registration Site: You can create your registration in any platform you choose. Wufoo is a common platform and you can also set up to take payments if you are charging for the event. You may also use your congregation’s registration platform, or any other platform that is easy for your community.
- Data to Ask For: At a minimum, please ask for the information listed below. This is the information you will send to the URJ following your event so that we can upload the information into our database and invite participants to the next NFTY event in your region.
- Release Statements: Ask families to sign the three release statements below (you can add these into other release statements you have in your registration if you choose).
- B’rit Kehillah: Ask parents and teens to sign the NFTY B’rit Kehilah – Code of Conduct
- Sample Registration: To view sample registrations and other information you may want to collect for your event, please visit our NFTYx resources.
- Add to the Regional Calendar: When your registration is ready to open, please add your event to the regional calendar by filling out this form. Once you complete the form your event will appear on our regional calendar and will be included in our monthly email to teens, parents, and synagogue professionals!
Following your event, we ask that you share the excel file with the information below.
Once we receive the data we will add the teens to our regional mailing list so they receive monthly emails with the next events and opportunities in the region. Thank you for helping us build the NFTYx network in your community!
Registration information to send to the URJ
- Participant First name
- Participant Last name
- Participant Birthdate
- Participant Email
- Participant Zip code
- Participant Instagram handle (not required)
- Parent/Guardian 1 Name
- Parent/Guardian 1 Email
- Parent/Guardian 2 Name (if applicable)
- Parent/Guardian 2 Email (if applicable)
- URJ Congregation (if applicable)
- City & State of URJ congregation (if applicable)
Please include the following release for parents to sign (it can be included in other release statements that you may choose to add)
I authorize future communications via mail, email, text and phone for the purposes of transactional communications as well as marketing communications for this and other URJ/NFTY/NFTYx programs. Please know that we do not sell or market email addresses. If you do not wish to receive further communications from the URJ and URJ affiliates you will be able to opt out at the time of receipt.
I authorize the use of Participant name, social media user information, and contact information for purposes of URJ and URJ partners/affiliates marketing now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity until such time that I choose to unsubscribe.
I consent to the recording, use and reuse by the Union for Reform Judaism (“URJ”) and any of its respective licensees, assignees, parents, subsidiaries or affiliated entities and each of the respective employees, agents, officers and directors (collectively “Releasees”) of the Participant’s voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance and biographical material (i.e. collectively “Likeness”) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity. I agrees that Releasees may use all or any part of their Likeness, and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not the attendee is recognizable. I further agree that Releasees may use the Participants Likeness and the Materials in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Releasees. I releases Releasees from any and all liability arising out of their use of the Participant’s Likeness and/or the Materials. I agrees not to make any claim against Releasees as a result of the recording or use of the Partcipant’s Likeness and/or the Materials (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity).
By signing below, parent or guardian on behalf of each Participant and all parties responsible for Participant, confirms that they have read and understood the NFTY B’rit Kehillah, and the rules including those on disciplinary action and indemnification expressly provided immediately above, and agree with all provisions contained herein.
Note to NFTYx Event Planners
- In most cases, we disclose to clergy if a teen from their congregation has had a serious b’rit infraction at camp or NFTY program so that they may support the teen and make appropriate choices for their community and the family. A NFTYx host congregation is free to share the list of registered teens with synagogue clergy to ask for any guidance on the participants from their community.
- To honor the confidentiality of the teen, we are unable to share if a teen has had a b’rit infraction with a congregation hosting a NFTYx event. We suggest that congregations include the following text and question in their registration.
I certify that there is nothing preventing me from participating in URJ youth program including NFTY and camp and that I have not been dismissed or asked to leave a URJ youth program due to any type of inappropriate conduct.
If you are unable to make this certification, you must discuss with event leader in order to be granted permission to attend the event. Part of t’shuvah is being able to acknowledge your mistakes and commit to appropriate behavior. If you have something to disclose, check the box below and the event leader will contact you.