Become an event Lead
Thank you for volunteering to be a NFTYx Event Lead. We are so grateful to you and the network of NFTY parents, alumni, and synagogue leaders who support our teens across North America. Your generosity allows our teens to gather, get to know one another, and build a strong Reform Youth Movement that they are proud of. Thank you!
Upon completion of the NFTYx Lead training, you will be able to be the “adult in charge” at a NFTYx event held at a Reform congregation or at an approved site.
To ensure the high level of health and safety that has been the hallmark of NFTY for over 80 years, we require all NFTYx Event Leads to complete the following steps:
- Fill out this form to let us know you would like to be a NFTYx Event Lead. Choose “NFTYx Event Lead” if you are hosting an event at a synagogue, or “NFTYx Home Host” if you are hosting an event at your home, from the list of opportunities.
- If you will have additional volunteers who will either be staying overnight in the same space as teens or will be alone with teens for extended periods of time without another adult, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the form for these volunteers.
• For all overnight “shul-in” style events, you must (1) have a background check done on any adult spending the night, (2) maintain a 1:10 overnight adult//teen ration, and (3) have the adults sleeping in the same general space as the teens (if all teens are sleeping in the same room, the adults should sleep in that room as well). If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Once this form is completed we will be reaching out to you within 3 business days. with a link to our online training course in an online education platform called “Pathright.” This course will take you approximately 1- 1 ½ hours to complete. The platform will save your progress and does not need to be done all in one sitting. The course includes:
• Youth Protection Training and URJ Policies and Procedures
• Creating a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture at NFTY events
• Emergency Assessment
• Agree to a Background Check
• URJ Volunteer Agreement form
• Commitment to uphold NFTY B’rit Kehilah (code of conduct) at your event and in your role.
- Read through the NFTYx Event Lead Planning Guide.
Once you have completed this simple process, we invite you to begin hosting in-person NFTYx experiences! Visit our NFTYx homepage for next steps!
If you have questions or concerns during your event, please reach out to your NFTY Regional Mentor or firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-452-6725 to reach a North American staff person.
**Note – due to the nature of the NFTYx Event Lead role, you must be either a staff person at a URJ congregation, or designated by a synagogue staff person to have this role for their community’s NFTYx event. If you would like to volunteer for another role in in NFTY, please visit our NFTYx home page to view alumni and parent volunteer opportunities.